Ammeraal Beltech Modular offers a variety of Modular Belting and Slat Top chain solutions for the Seafood industry. Some of the belts/chains currently in operation for the Seafood industry are the uni-CNB, uni-MPB, uni-OPB Modular Belting and the 880 Tab Slat Top chain.
The uni-CNB 18% open in polypropylene material is currently being used in the Seafood industry for conveying shrimp. Some advantages of using the uni-CNB belt for this application are:
- Unique hinge and sprocket design makes CNB a very hygienic belt
- Available in closed top, as well as 18% and 22% openings for applications requiring drainage or airflow
- CNB is locked with the reliable rodlock system which will not disengage and become mixed with conveyed products
- Product supports are available with molded indents and prepared for side guards eliminating the need for machining and ensuring optimum hygiene
New CNB Micro Support 22% open has just been released for different seafood applications, for example, shrimps, calamari and fish fillets. The support is 4.8mm high and seems to be the right height for incline conveyors of above products.
The uni-880 Tab chain in LF-acetal material is currently being used in the Seafood industry for a side-flexing conveyor transporting cans of mackerel. Some advantages of using the uni-880 Tab chain for this application are:
- Can be supplied either with tabs or bevels to retain the chain in curved sections
- Available in D, LF, and SLF acetal for several friction options
- Available in R-Type for tighter 7.87” turning radius
- Available in RT-Type with different tab dimensions for use with a horizontal drive sprocket